EIFF Talent Lab 2016
EIFF Talent Lab gives up-and-coming filmmakers an amazing opportunity to learn from the world’s key film industry players. Emerging Scottish, UK and international directors, producers and screenwriters will be offered the unmissable chance to discuss the industry, their projects and their ideas with a selection of invited industry professionals including sales agents, executive producers, literary agents, story editors and distributors.
Drawing on the Festival’s successful track record in talent development, over four days this June, EIFF Talent Lab will lead 30 participants in group discussions, workshops and networking events as well as hosting an invaluable afternoon of 1-2-1 advice and information sessions with experienced industry insiders, all with the aim of honing skills and building confidence within a new generation of filmmakers.
Over the last five years, EIFF has supported 155 emerging filmmakers through Talent Lab. Past participants of the Lab have gone onto produce and release a number of fantastic short and feature film projects which have gone on to screen at some of the top international film festivals. Through the Lab, filmmakers have made new connections, built potential working partnerships and gained a large support network of peers.
The EIFF Talent Lab will take place from Friday 17 to Monday 20 June 2016 (inclusive).
Successful applicants will be invited to attend:
• 1-2-1 meetings where, over an afternoon, participants will be matched with film industry professionals with whom they can discuss their work.
• Industry-focussed discussions covering a variety of contemporary, relevant topics.
• Bespoke workshops and masterclasses with established professionals from various disciplines.
• An invitation to EIFF’s 2016 Ceilidh in celebration of Scottish filmmaking and EIFF talent development programmes.
• Countless networking opportunities to meet with your contemporaries, your fellow participants, filmmakers from the EIFF 2016 programme and industry figures attending the Festival.
The Edinburgh International Film Festival will also provide:
• Accommodation for all participants who live out-with the Lothians area.
• A full industry delegate pass to the Edinburgh International Film Festival 2016.
Previous guests have included representatives from Film4, IFC Entertainment, United Agents, Just Film Distributions, Mongrel Media, The Salt Company, Prescience Film Finance, Stealth Media Group, Soda Pictures, Slate Films, Soda Pictures, Sky, Zentropa, Metrodome Group, United Agents, Resolution Entertainment, The Works Film Group, Magnolia Pictures, Pathe, StudioCanal, and Casarotto Ramsay.
Applications for Talent Lab have now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Click on the video below to find out more about EIFF Talent Development activity:
EIFF Talent Lab is supported through the Scottish Government’s Edinburgh Festivals Expo Fund and by Creative Scotland.
2016 Festival Diary:
Click on a day to highlight movies on that day.
Share this page
Share this Film Festival page with your friends and family.
Find Films By Strand
EIFF is split into Strands. Use them to help find your films.