EIFF Works in Progress (EWiP) is a showcase event for UK films, supporting them in their ambitions to reach completion, festival selection or theatrical release.
EIFF is committed to developing and enhancing the existing film industry along with supporting and promoting exciting new films and talent.
EIFF Works in Progress is a one-day event where invited international sales agents, distributors, producers and festival programmers can get an ahead-of-the-game look at upcoming British feature films. EWiP will offer a selection of quality narrative feature projects which are in production or post-production and are seeking an international sales agent.
EWiP 2018 will be held on Sunday 24 June.
EWiP has selected 10 projects all of which are eligible for the EWiP cash award of £2,500. This award will be given to the project that EIFF considers to show the most promise, originality and clarity of vision.
The projects chosen for EWiP 2018 are:
- A Serial Killer’s Guide To Life – Dir: Staten Cousins Roe
- Benchmark 6 – Dir: David Newbigging
- Between You And Me – Dir: Grace Porter
- Cat In The Wall – Dirs: Mina Mileva and Vesela Kazakova
- Dark Sense – Dir: Magnus Wake
- I Get Knocked Down – Dirs: Sophie Robinson and Dunstan Bruce
- Imperial Blue – Dir: Dan Moss
- Riding The Wave – Dir: Martyn Robertson
- The Paper Bag Bombers - Dir: Gordon Main
- Us Among The Stones – Dir: D.R Hood
Each project will present a short pitch including a trailer or clips from the film to invited industry professionals with the aim of providing opportunities for projects to reach completion and be taken to international markets. During the event there will be time for short one-on-one meetings with project producers who can provide more information on their films.
Projects must have met the following requirements to enter:
- the film must be in production or post-production with any potential premiere taking place after EIFF 2018
- the film must not have an international sales agent
- the presentation must include a clip from the film or a trailer (maximum of three minutes)
Please send any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EIFF Works in Progress is supported through the Scottish Government’s Festivals Expo Fund and by Creative Scotland.