EIFF Talent Lab
EIFF Talent Lab gives up-and-coming filmmakers an amazing opportunity to learn from the world’s key film industry players. Emerging Scottish, UK and international directors, producers and screenwriters will be offered the unmissable chance to discuss the industry, their projects and their ideas with a selection of invited industry professionals including sales agents, executive producers, literary agents, story editors and distributors.
Drawing on the Festival’s successful track record in talent development, over four days, EIFF Talent Lab leads 30 participants in group discussions, workshops and networking events as well as hosting an invaluable afternoon of 1-2-1 advice and information sessions with experienced industry insiders, all with the aim of honing skills and building confidence within a new generation of filmmakers.
Over the last six years, EIFF has supported 185 emerging filmmakers through Talent Lab. Past participants of the Lab have gone onto produce and release a number of fantastic short and feature film projects which have gone on to screen at some of the top international film festivals. Through the Lab, filmmakers have made new connections, built potential working partnerships and gained a large support network of peers.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend:
• 1-2-1 meetings where, over an afternoon, participants are matched with film industry professionals with whom they will discuss their work.
• Industry-focussed discussions covering a variety of contemporary, relevant topics.
• Bespoke workshops and masterclasses with established professionals from various disciplines.
• An invitation to EIFF’s 2017 Ceilidh in celebration of Scottish filmmaking and EIFF talent development programmes.
• Countless networking opportunities to meet with contemporaries, fellow participants, filmmakers from the EIFF 2017 programme and industry figures attending the Festival.
Previous guests have included representatives from BBC Films, Bold Films, Film4, EOne, United Agents, Just Film Distributions, Mongrel Media, The Salt Company, Prescience Film Finance, Stealth Media Group, Soda Pictures, Slate Films, Soda Pictures, Sky, Zentropa, United Agents, Lionsgate, The Works Film Group, Magnolia Pictures, Pathe, StudioCanal, United Agents, and Casarotto Ramsay.
Applications for next year's EIFF Talent Lab will open in March 2017.
If you have any questions please contact: email@example.com.
EIFF Talent Lab Participants 2016
EIFF Talent Lab is supported through the Scottish Government’s Edinburgh Festivals Expo Fund and by Creative Scotland.
2016 Festival Diary:
Click on a day to highlight movies on that day.
Share this page
Share this Film Festival page with your friends and family.
Find Films By Strand
EIFF is split into Strands. Use them to help find your films.