Watch a film for free in our outdoor arena next to the Firth of Forth's three iconic bridges. With an exciting programme of well-loved films, drinks available from EIFF's Official Beer Partner Innis & Gunn and Poco Prosecco, and food from Down the Hatch, Pizza Geeks and the on-site restaurant Scotts, it's the perfect way to spend your weekend.
Scroll down to see what's on and for a map of the arena!
Film Fest on the Forth is supported by EventScotland as part of the Year of Coasts and Waters 20/21
SATURDAY 31 JULY
• MOANA (PG, 107 mins, 2016) Disney’s beloved musical animation of an adventurous teenager and her inherited love for the seas
• THE WATER HORSE: LEGEND OF THE DEEP (PG, 112 mins, 2007) Family adventure set and shot in Scotland based on the Celtic legend of Kelpies (Water Horses)
• WHISKY GALORE! (U, 80 mins, 1949) Classic anti-authoritarian comedy set on a Hebridean Island based on Compton Mackenzie’s novel.
• JAWS (12A, 124 mins, 1975, 45th anniversary) Directed by Steven Spielberg and widely heralded as the original summer blockbuster *
SUNDAY 1 AUGUST
• BRAVE (PG, 90 mins, 2012) Pixar’s stunning animation set in the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland centred around a Scottish princess confronting tradition
• THE ILLUSIONIST (PG, 78 mins, 2010) Charming, Oscar nominated animated adventure set across Scotland and specifically Edinburgh, based on an unproduced script by legendary French Director by Jacques Tati
• WHALE RIDER (PG, 97 mins, 2002) Oscar nominated drama centred on a young Maori girl and her special connection to the magnificent seas creatures who has to fight to fulfill a destiny her grandfather refuses to recognize.
• TITANIC (12, 194 mins, 1997) James Cameron’s box office record-breaker and winner of 11 Oscars. An epic romance set on the seas which mades global stars of Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet
HOW DOES THE SEATING WORK?
Seating at Film Fest on the Forth is done by socially distanced pods. When booking, please select a pod that is relevant to your party size. You can choose either deck chairs or picnic-style seating on the ground. There must be an adult in each pod with children. Sometimes there may not be pods left that fit your party size. We're sorry for the disappointment.
Please refer to the map below to understand the layout of the cinema arena.
Event Terms & Conditions of Entry
The safety of everyone attending Film Fest on the Forth is our highest priority and we continually liaise with the local authority and emergency services (including Police Scotland) during the event planning process. We want our events to be as safe as possible for all attending, but we need your co-operation to comply with government guidelines and health advice for the safety of yourself and others:
- Any persons under the age of 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult 18yrs+
- Please do not attend the event if you or any member of your household are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been told to self-isolate, or if you have been in contact with anyone from outside your household who is displaying symptoms
- Social distancing measures will be in place, clearly sign-posted and enforced by staff. Please adhere to them for your own safety and the safety of others
- Picnics welcome but NO ALCOHOL may be brought into the event arena
- NO GLASS may be brought into the event arena
- For the SAFETY AND COMFORT of all our guests, we may conduct security searches of clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit to this event
- Please be aware that large rucksacks and suitcases are not permitted into this event
- Please use bins provided for rubbish and clean up any litter
- On entering the event you consent to official filming, photography and sound recordings as members of the public, which may be used in future promotions by organisers
- The use of professional cameras and any audio / video recording equipment by the public is strictly prohibited at the event
- No pets allowed – Assistance Dogs only
- Organisers reserve the right to make changes to advertised event time(s) and schedule(s)
- Organisers reserve the right to implement any restrictions/conditions deemed necessary before and during the event to ensure the safe management of the event