Our Code of Conduct:
Every child has the right to be protected from abuse and harm at all times and EIFF will provide a safe environment for children and young people visiting our premises. We expect people attending, volunteering and working at our events to maintain our code of conduct so that our programme stays safe, accessible and fun.
EIFF Youth HQ has no place for harassment and bullying. Please be mindful of others so that everyone can have an enjoyable experience.
Examples of inappropriate behaviour that contravenes our code of conduct includes:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, and religion.
- Inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention, including sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking, following, and harassing photography or recordings.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events, aggressive behaviour or vandalism. Vandals will have to pay for any damage caused.
- Possession, consumption, or distribution of alcoholic beverages (even if visitors are of legal drinking age) and/or illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Possession of any weapons, firearms or anything that may be construed as a weapon.
You agree to abide by additional rules for specific events, which may be announced, and to accept the consequences of their violation.
If you feel uncomfortable, or someone behaves inappropriately towards you, or you witness something inappropriate, please report it to an EIFF volunteer or EIFF staff member. Your complaint will be treated with confidence and discretion, and we are happy to help you and can help report inappropriate behaviour to the authorities where necessary, or address the problem ourselves where more appropriate.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not comply with our code of conduct. This code of conduct applies both in person and online.