Talent Lab 2019 is now OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS!
Deadline: 12 noon, Tuesday 23rd April
EIFF Talent Lab continues to successfully connect up-and-coming filmmakers with the world’s key film industry players. Thirty Scottish, UK and international participants, a mix of screenwriters, directors and producers, each receive the amazing opportunity to learn from and meet with industry experts in a relaxed and informal environment.
These emerging filmmakers receive four days of meetings, discussions, and networking opportunities to help develop their projects, their careers, and themselves. The EIFF Talent Lab also hosts an invaluable afternoon of one-to-one advice sessions with experienced industry insiders, to help hone skills and build confidences within a new generation of filmmakers.
The EIFF Talent Lab will take place from Friday 21st to Monday 24th June 2019 (inclusive).
Who can apply?
- This programme is open to all filmmakers with a minimum of either a feature film or two short film credits as director, writer or producer.
- All applicants must be looking to make a fiction feature for their next project.
- Applications are encouraged from Scottish and UK filmmakers. There are a small number of places available for international participants who are applying with a project or team that has a UK/Scottish connection.
- We are happy to accept applications from teams working on the same project, but each team member must submit an application individually. Each application will be considered on its own merit.
Fee: There is a £120 (inclusive of VAT) administration fee for every successful applicant. This fee must be paid in full in advance of the Lab dates.
How to apply:
Make sure you read the Application Guidelines first.
Please fill in the online application form.
Please note – the application form has no built in facility to save. If the page is left open it will eventually time out and if you close it you will lose your information. It is therefore strongly recommended that you prepare your answers fully before filling out the online application - please read the guidelines for more information on what is required.
The application deadline is 12pm on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
- Both your synopsis and biography will be passed onto our industry 1-2-1 guests in advance of your meetings.
- All applications will be received in strict confidence.
- Unsuccessful applications and all materials will be disposed of safely and in confidence.
- No information submitted will be returned.
Follow us on Twitter to get the latest EIFF Industry and Talent Development news.
EIFF Talent Lab is funded through the PLACE Programme, a partnership between the Scottish Government- through Creative Scotland - the City of Edinburgh Council and the Edinburgh Festivals.