EIFF Works in Progress (EWiP) is a showcase event for UK films, supporting them in their ambitions to reach completion, festival selection or theatrical release.
EIFF is committed to developing and enhancing the existing film industry along with supporting and promoting exciting new films and talent.
EIFF Works in Progress is a one-day event where invited international sales agents, distributors, producers and festival programmers can get an ahead-of-the-game look at upcoming British feature films. EWiP will offer a selection of quality narrative feature projects which are in production or post-production and are seeking an international sales agent.
EWiP selects 10 projects all of which are eligible for the EWiP cash award of £2,500. This award will be given to the project that EIFF considers to show the most promise, originality and clarity of vision.
The winner of this year’s EIFF Works in Progress and recipient of the £2,500 prize is Riding The Wave by Martyn Robertson.
Martyn Robertson said “Pitching amongst so many other strong fiction and non-fiction projects was daunting but a very worthwhile experience. The chance to meet sales agents and distributors along with potential financiers was great too. This award means I can continue following Ben & Marti’s story in the immediate future. This award solves the problem of continuing filming a time sensitive documentary while we piece together completion financing. It’s also a welcome recognition for a project that I’ve been working on for nearly two years now and gives me added confidence in my story and quest to complete this film. Thanks to everyone in the Industry & Talent Development team at EIFF for the opportunity to participate and for selecting my project to receive this year’s award!”
The projects chosen for EWiP 2018:
- A Serial Killer’s Guide To Life – Dir: Staten Cousins Roe
- Benchmark 6 – Dir: David Newbigging
- Between You And Me – Dir: Grace Porter
- Cat In The Wall – Dirs: Mina Mileva and Vesela Kazakova
- Dark Sense – Dir: Magnus Wake
- I Get Knocked Down – Dirs: Sophie Robinson and Dunstan Bruce
- Imperial Blue – Dir: Dan Moss
- Riding The Wave – Dir: Martyn Robertson
- The Paper Bag Bombers - Dir: Gordon Main
- Us Among The Stones – Dir: D.R Hood
Each project will present a short pitch including a trailer or clips from the film to invited industry professionals with the aim of providing opportunities for projects to reach completion and be taken to international markets. During the event there will be time for short one-on-one meetings with project producers who can provide more information on their films.
Projects must have met the following requirements to enter:
- the film must be in production or post-production with any potential premiere taking place after EIFF 2018
- the film must not have an international sales agent
- the presentation must include a clip from the film or a trailer (maximum of three minutes)
Please send any questions you may have to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EIFF Works in Progress is supported through the Scottish Government’s Festivals Expo Fund and by Creative Scotland.