EIFF Network Announces Participants
Edinburgh International Film Festival and story editor Kate Leys are proud to announce the feature projects and filmmaking teams who will be the participants of our new development and mentoring initiative NETWORK.
An outstanding group of participants have been selected from across the UK to take part in this programme. Focussed online, NETWORK will bring together our selected creative talent and connect them with industry professionals in a variety of ways. Funded by Skillset and Creative Scotland, the programme will foster guidance, feedback, skills and knowledge sharing as well as offering unique and tailored mentoring opportunities to all the projects.
· Writer/director Alex Smith and his adaptation A BOY NAMED KEITH
· Screenwriter Ronnie Mackintosh and his thriller BEST EVIDENCE
· Writer/director Gabriel Robertson with comedy DON’T SPEAK; SCREAM
· Producer Lili Sandelin & screenwriter Mandy Lee with their horror comedy EDINBURGH DIGEST
· Screenwriter Leigh Campbell & director Lindy Heymann with a dark Victorian adaptation, HAMMER
· Writer/director Hammad Khan with twisted contemporary fairy tale THE SILENT SUCCESSION OF QASIM ALI
· Producer Wendy Griffin and writer/director Hannah Robinson with a story of sisters, family and electricity, TESLA GIRL
· Producer Nicola Clayton & screenwriter Mahalia Rimmer with Michel Faber adaptation THE FAHRENHEIT TWINS
· Filmmaker Sam Firth with a documentary filmed as fiction, THE STORY OF ME AND YOU
NETWORK runs until June 2012 and all participants will be part of the 66th Edinburgh International Film Festival taking place from 20 June to 1 July 2012.
For more information on NETWORK participants and details of their projects, view the attached announcement or visit the bespoke website: www.eiffnetwork.com.
Click HERE to download the official announcement document.
GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF SEMI-FINALIST FLORA SHEDDEN PRESENTS SPECIAL 70TH ANNIVERSARY CAKE TO THE EDINBURGH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Let them eat cake! With three layers of Scottish delights... Great British Bake Off semi-finalist, Flora Shedden today presented Edinburgh International Film Festival’s Artistic Director, Mark Adams, with a specially created, three-tier cake in celebration of the Festival’s 70th edition.